Bit Ten D is a multi-function digital processor conceived and built to process digital and analogue signal both on the input and on output to the amplifier (featuring AD Link connection) and create top-performance system with any source typology.
Provided with a 32 bit, 147 MHz clock speed DSP as well as 24 bit A/D and D/A converters, bit Ten D processes the signal with extreme accuracy and wide configurability thanks to a software especially designed for car acoustic peculiarities.
bit Ten D features an optical digital input, minimizing interference and degradations of the signal found in traditional analog interconnects, also by-passing the A/D conversion phases of analog signals.
Thanks to the AD Link connection, the available outputs become 8 in total, all in digital format; they can also be used simultaneously with the analog ones (for a maximum of 8 outputs total).
The AC Link is completely dedicated to the “remote control” of the system. The system is comprised of one connector for the provided DRC and one for the amplifiers present in the system. The DRC is supplied with the bit Ten D product.
Audio DSP and converters
- 32 bit Cirrus Logic (Clock speed: 147 MHz) Digital Signal Processing chip and A/D
- D/A converters working in PCM at 48 kHz with 24 bit resolution. The processor speed allows the user to hear and verify in real time the changes applied during the tuning.
- 4 independent high-level channels with automatic summing capability;
- 1 analog low-level stereo auxiliary input;
- 1 optical digital input;
- 1 high-level momentary audio interrupt input (with priority) on Phone Mute cable (settable through PC).
- 5 independent analog PRE channels featuring adjustable level;
- 1 AD Link output featuring 8 independent digital audio channels through a single CAT 5.S
- LAN cable for use with amplifiers featuring AD Link input.
- 1 USB /B (2.0) connector for PC connection;
- 1 AC Link control bus connector for DRC;
- 1 AC Link control bus for use with amplifiers featuring AC Link;
- 1 input for external Mute (settable through PC).
- Guided procedure that, thanks to a wide range of set names, provides the ability to assign each component to the bit Ten D connections and automatically coordinate their functions.
- ART, Automatic Remote Turn on/off, selectable from Hi-Level Front L. The ART can be enabled through an external switch;
- Through the Remote IN;
- Through vehicle ignition key trigger with memory function;
- Through the DRC;
- Automatically through the hands-free phone kit momentary interrupt.
- Manual input sensitivity adjustment for the Master Hi-Level inputs (with supplied Test CD);
- Manual input sensitivity adjustment for auxiliary inputs;
- Independent level control for each output channel for system fine tuning (-40 ÷ 0 dB).
- Automatic de-equalization of signal fed into the high-level inputs (with supplied Test CD) if necessary. It can also be performed without the PC.
- 31-band graphic equalizer (1/3 Oct.; ±12dB) for each analog and digital output channel.
- Filter typology: Hi-pass, Lo-pass, Full Range or Band-pass with independent selectable cut-off slope;
- Cut-off frequency: 68 steps available from 20 Hz to 20 kHz;
- Cut-off slope: 6 to 24 dB/Oct.;
- Filter alignment: Linkwitz or Butterworth;
- Mute function: selectable for each output (on/off);
- Phase: selectable for each output (0°/180°).
Signal channels reconstruction
- It can reconstruct a stereo output signal from a multi-channel input signal. In addition
- it can reconstruct rear, centre and subwoofer output channels from a stereo input.
- Guided procedure for the speaker distance data entry with an automated calculation (distance to time) for each channel for accurate delay times. System also provides for manual fine
- tuning of delay (0.02 ms fine set).
- Master Volume, Subwoofer Volume, Balance and Fader controls, Input selection,
- Memory selection, Adjustable display brightness. Access to digital features of amplifiers featuring AC Link.
- 2 presets separately managed and recalled with the DRC.
bit Ten D software
- Windows (XP, Vista and 7) based software with “Standard” and “Expert” operating modes;
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 600 px min.