Bit Ten is a multi-function digital processor featuring analog input, capable of transforming ordinary OEM or after-market system into a high-performance system.
Provided with a 32 bit, 147 MHz clock speed DSP as well as 24 bit A/D and D/A converters, bit Ten is controlled by a software especially developed for signal treatment according to the vehicle acoustic peculiarities. Setting the parameters of each input single channel, setting the delays according to the listening position, adjusting crossovers and equalizers for each of the 5 output channels; all of these operations can be managed by the PC.During the installation phase, after converting the analog signal into digital, bit Ten automatically reconstructs a digital full-bandwidth stereo signal; de-equalizes the frequency response and, if necessary, reconstructs the central and subwoofer channels.The user can configure the output mode of each channel relative to the installed system.
Audio DSP and converters
- 32 bit Cirrus Logic (Clock speed: 147 MHz) Digital Signal Processing chip and A/D
- D/A converters working in PCM at 48 kHz with 24 bit resolution. The processor speed allows the user to hear and verify in real time the changes applied during the tuning.
- 4 independent high-level channels with automatic summing capability;
- 1 analog low-level stereo auxiliary input;
- 1 high-level momentary audio interrupt input (with priority) on Phone Mute cable (settable through PC).
- 5 independent analog PRE channels featuring adjustable level.
- 1 USB /B (2.0) connector for PC connection;
- 1 AC Link control bus connectors for DRC;
- 1 input for external Mute (settable through PC).
- Guided procedure that, thanks to a wide range of set names, provides the ability to assign each component to the bit Ten connections and automatically coordinate their functioning.
- ART, Automatic Remote Turn on/off, selectable from Hi-Level Front L. The ART can be enabled through an external switch;
- Through the Remote IN;
- Through the car ignition key with memory function;
- Through the DRC (optional);
- Automatically through the hands-free phone kit.
- Input sensitivity manual adjustable for the Master Hi-Level inputs (with supplied Test CD);
- Manual input sensitivity adjustment for auxiliary inputs;
- Independent level control for each output channel for system fine tuning (-40 ÷ 0 dB).
- Automatic de-equalization of signal fed into the high-level inputs (with supplied Test CD) if necessary. It can also be performed without the PC.
- 31-band graphic equalizer (1/3 Oct.; ±12 dB) for each output channels.
- Filter typology: selectable; Hi-pass, Lo-pass, Full Range, Band pass with independent selectable cut-off slope.
- Cut-off frequency: 68 steps available from 20 Hz to 20k Hz;
- Cut-off slope: selecable; 6 to 24 dB/Oct.;
- Selectable alignment: Linkwitz or Butterworth;
- Mute: selectable for each output (On/Off);
- Phase: selectable for each output (0°/180°);
Signal channels reconstruction
- It can reconstruct a stereo output signal from a multi-channel input signal. In addition it can reconstruct rear, centre and subwoofer output channels from a stereo input.
- Guided procedure for the speaker distance data entry with an automated calculation (distance to time) for each channel for accurate delay times. System also provides for manual fine
tuning of delay (0.02 ms fine set).
- DRC (optional)
- Master Volume, Subwoofer Volume, Balance and Fader controls, Input selection,
- Memory selection, Adjustable display brightness.
- 2 presets separately managed and recalled by the DRC (optional).
bit Ten software
- Windows (XP, 7 and Vista) based software with “Standard” and “Expert” operating modes;
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 600 px min.